Coordinators are the reason that children have this opportunity to participate in basketball. We are very fortunate to have such a great group of volunteers making it all happen, thank you all for your time and dedication.
Community Coordinator duties include:
- Provide information and distribute flyers
- Book Practice Times
- Recruit Coaches
- Create teams – see 'Setting up Teams' in Teamlinkt instructions
- Distribute equipment and track & return unused equipment.
- Create practice schedules – see 'Setting up a Practice Schedule' in Teamlinkt instructions
- If a refund is requested Marg will confirm with you if they received equipment and if so if it was returned unused.
- Provide support to parents and coaches
- How do I access player and coach data?
Refer to the Teamlinkt instructions
- What do I do if there is an error on the registration?
If there is an error, send an email to email@example.com. Errors that often occur are; parents registering their children in the wrong community, incorrect email addresses, entering the wrong gender or grade, and sometimes there are prank registrations (usually they have weird names and addresses that don’t exist and they will never be paid).
- What happens if I can’t find coaches for a division?
If not enough coaches volunteer; contact parents, high school students and others in the community to get additional coaches. The flyer that was sent home with the children requested parent volunteer to coach.
Make sure coaches register prior to the first practice in order to be insured.
If you have to cancel the division because a coach can not be found:
- Notify the parents that it is cancelled, and a full refund will be provided.
- Send an email to skybasketball.ca so that we know to send out refunds.
- Make sure you keep the equipment that was sent for these players. It must be returned (see equipment Q & A)
- What do I do if a child has decided not to participate?
The first step is to find out if they have received equipment. If they have, they must return it unused to get a refund. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the child and if they have not received or returned their equipment. If they don’t have equipment and they make the decision before 3 weeks from the start date, they will receive a refund of the amount paid less $5.
- How many players should be on a team?
It’s difficult to practice with 6 players so you might need to have the boys and girls practice together.
- Grade 3 & 4 play 3 on 3 so they need 5 – 9 players. More than 9 can practice together and then have the coaches split them for the tournament. If there are more than 18, split them for practices as well.
- Grade 5 & 6 play 4 on 4 so they need 6 – 12 players. More than 12 can practice together and then have the coaches split them for the tournament. If there are more than 18, split them for practices as well.
- Grade 1 & 2 can be co-ed or split by gender or grade. There is no minimum or maximum because they don’t participate in the tournament. A coach shouldn’t be given more than 12 players to work with
- What do I do if I don’t have enough players to make up a team?
Contact your area coordinator and together you can decide to have the boys and girls practice together and then join another community for the tournament. If you decide to cancel the division, let the parents know that they will be getting a refund and email email@example.com and they will be provided a full refund
- What do I do if a player wants a refund?
Registration fees will be refunded less a $5 admin charge provided the equipment is returned unused. No refunds 3 weeks after start date.
Players requesting a refund must return any equipment to you unused. When you have the equipment, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org confirming that they do not have equipment. After a refund is completed, the player will no longer appear on the participant report. See equipment Q & A for returning equipment.
- What should I do if the equipment I receive does not match the list that was provided?
Send an email to email@example.com listing the discrepancies.
- What if I need more equipment or different sizes?
Since equipment is sent out only after each player is registered, we don’t expect this to be an issue; however, if you do need more equipment, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What should I do with the extra or returned equipment?
Extra equipment is tracked and you'll be provided twith a list after registration is complete; request your list at anytime. It's very important that all the equipment is returned as each set must be paid for, so if a piece is missing, the entire set must still be paid for.
Send extra equipment with one of the coaches to return at the tournament. Or prior to the tournament it can be returned to:
7515 Hendry Place
Regina, SK S4Y 1E1
- Is it not your job to collect fees?
We prefer that you don’t collect fees on behalf of the players but if you do, it must be processed as quickly as possible.
Note: If we can't get a response, we will contact you to confirm that the player is participating and if they got equipment.
- If you accept a cheque mail it to SKYbasketball 4219 – 19th Ave, Regina SK, S4S 0E5 with the name and community of the player.
- If you accept cash send a cheque to the above address or e-transfer it to email@example.com. The players name and community need to be in the memo field. We have auto deposit but some banks still require a question and answer. If so Question: What sport? Answer: Basketball.
- Reminders are sent to parents prior to the start of the program.
- When will registration open?
Registration will open when the final flyers are sent to you.
- When will registration close?
Registration will be closed 3 weeks after the start date unless you request it for a different time. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember if registration is still open after the program starts, to keep checking the player registration so that you can inform the coach of the addition and add them to a team.
- What if I want to let a player register after the registration is closed?
If you want to accept a registration after it is closed – send an email with the child’s name that you have approved and the parents email address. We'll contact the parent about registering late.
Remind the parents there is a late registration fee of $10 to help pay for the shipment of single set of equipment.
- Why does it take so long to get schedules for the tournament?
The area coordinators sends an email to the coordinators to confirm how many teams in each division will participate in the tournament. The longer it takes the coordinators to reply the later the schedule gets. Making changes to the schedule is not only a lot of work but is confusing to the parents and coaches, so confirm with your coaches that their team will be participating and make sure they know the importance of finding out asap.